Here is What You'll Need:
For the Fruit
- 4 cups of Frozen or Fresh Cherries (a mix of tart and sweet is best!)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Slumber Party Herbal Powder
- 6 tbsp Monk Fruit Sweetener (or an alternative sweetener)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Potato Starch (mixed in 1/4 cup of water)
For the Crumble
- 1 cup Almond Meal
- 1 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 cup of Oats
- 4 tbsp cold Butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 2 generous handfuls of Coconut Shreds
- Chopped Walnuts to top
Here is What You'll Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- For the fruit, add everything except potato starch & water into a small sauce pan and bring to a slight boil. Cook for about 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, add the potato starch mixed in water while whisking or mixing the cherry mix vigorously. This should thicken the mix slightly. Pour mix into an 8" x 8" glass baking dish.
- For the crust, mix everything besides coconut shreds and walnuts. This can be done with a spatula and the butter can be cut into the mix and then well incorporated. Mix in shredded coconut by hand.
- Sprinkle the crust evening atop the cherry mix and place a light layer of walnuts on the crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool and set before digging in, you may want to refrigerate it.
- Enjoy on a warm summer evening!
I hope this recipe brings you a peaceful and tasty summer evening <3 Let us know what you think in the comments below!
Sending BIG Love,
This recipe was adapted from Banyan Botanicals.
Leave a comment